"Cruciform" cards are now en route to Papua New Guinea to support aid agencies working there.
Triage - The "Cruciform"® System
Product focus: Saves lives Documentation
Timing. Accurate Information. Save Lives.
Originally developed for major disasters in the UK, the "Cruciform"® Emergency Documentation System has been used and evaluated for over twenty one years in a range of real life situations. It is extensively used in the offshore oil industry and by hospital emergency teams, ambulance services and immediate care doctor schemes in the UK. It has been tested in war zones and has been adopted by military medics as well as the world famous SAS. We feel that that "Cruciform" is the finest emergency documentation system in the world, bar none. Read on to find out about its unique features and some of the organisations who use it.
The Cruciform® system provides, in one box, an effective method of relaying information about the dead and injured from the scene of an incident to the final destination. It can be used by any individual, rescuer organisation, or service involved in handling victims - at the scene, during transportation or in hospital. The system can be used to sieve and/or sort victims and to mark the scene; it identifies records, personal possessions, associated child/close relatives and even separated body parts.
It can also be used by Victims Bureau staff or police liaison officers at hospitals and/or temporary facilities/body stores. It provides a verifiable link between victim and possessions, which may have been bagged for forensic examination in the event of contamination, explosive incident or other actual or potentially criminal acts. Fire service staff will find it useful for decontamination incidents where victims need to be unclothed and decontaminated and their bag of clothing and other possession identified.
Each Cruciform box contains:
- 10 or 25 expandable Cruciform® cards
- A uniquely numbered/bar-coded strip of stickers with wristbands
- A Triage Sieve guidance and casualty numbers card
- Other supporting documentation and pen
- Cruciform® is available in a a number of major languages and is endorsed by clinical practitioners and major disaster specialists in the UK as well as France and Spain.
- It is used by a large number of hospitals for major incident response, and is highly regarded in pre-hospital emergency care.
- The Cruciform® system was used by staff at the Royal London Hospital, Thursday 7 July 2005 following the bombings.
- Cruciform® is ideal for decontamination problems, as it enables casualty and clothing to be linked for forensic purposes as well as for tracing rescuers and hospital staff who may have been exposed to a contaminent.
- Cruciform® will assist with clinical audit due to its carefully formulated contents and the unique GS1 numbering/barcode system.
- Police investigators and coroner's officers find the system enables them to improve both the accuracy and speed of their investigations and it can prove particularly beneficial in linking all rescuers who have been involved with a specific victim.
- Can be tailored and customised to particular applications and requirements. Please contact us with your enquiry.
Click here for detailed information about Cruciform® including usage guidelines, multimedia presentations, and additional notes on use in situations that may require legal verifiability.